Thursday, February 9, 2017

I Love You



Hi everyone,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Liz Williams our challenge hostess for the month continues to issue the challenges.


With Valentine’s Day in 5 days, it’s time to show a little love by making a handmade Valentine. The challenge is a color challenge this week to use: red, black, and white. As a bonus: add a glimmer of silver. 



For my card I decided to create a Pull Card using the Pop It Ups Hanging Charm Pull Tab die set designed by Karen Burniston for Elizabeth Craft Designs.

To decorate my card I used the Fitted Hearts, Stitched Hearts, Love Sentiments and Arrows all from Elizabeth Craft Designs.


For the hearts I die cut the Fitted Hearts from White Soft Finish Cardstock that had Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the front. I then covered the adhesive with True Red Silk Microfine Glitter. 

For the sentiments I used White Silk Microfine Glitter. The "You" which is revealed when the pull tab is pulled up is inlaid into the red panel so it doesn't catch when you open and close the pull tab.



Here is my card when it is closed ready to be placed in an envelope.


For this style of card you can either create a folding card or keep it flat. I prefer to keep it flat as most times you will display the card flat with the pull tab open. On the back of my card I added two more sentiments and an arrow.

Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:


Vicky Gould



Paper: White Soft Finish Cardstock - Elizabeth Craft Designs; Black; Sailing Cards DP - Carta Bella; Adhesive Paper Prints DP - DCWV
Dies: Fitted Hearts;  Stitched Hearts; Stitched Squares; Dotted Scallop Squares; Stitched Circles; Dotted Scallop Circles; Pop It Ups Hanging Charm Pull Tab; Love Sentiments; Arrows - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other ECD Products: Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape 101mm; True Red Silk Microfine Glitter; White Silk Microfine Glitter; Red/Gold Glitter Dots Peel Off Stickers; Kids Choice Glue



7 comments:

jojot said...

wow....bold, dramatic, and gorgeous

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I really like the sparkle and the polka dots!!

Vicky Gould said...

Beautiful!!!! I'd love to see your craft room....you have the best "stuff"....perfect in every way!

Lois said...

What a great Valentine -- I love the pop-up. I have that Hanging Charm die, but I can never get it to work as well as you do.

Karen Aicken said...

Awesome! Love all the sparkle, and the inlaid 'you'.

Maryann said...

bold bright and beautiful, just perfect

Lynn McAuley said...

I am thrilled that Elizabeth Craft Designs has made a die to create this style card. I have done a few and had such trouble getting they to slide smoothly. This Valentine is gorgeous, Frances! I love all the arrows and your glittery red hearts and sentiment!