Thursday, August 31, 2017

Winter Wishes


Hi everyone,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Anne Harmon our challenge hostess for the month finishes off her month with one last  challenge.

Monochromatic and die cuts - this week we are to create a monochromatic card (one color) using only die cuts.


Today is officially the last day of Winter for those of us down under! So for my card today I decided to create a White on White card with a winter theme. I have used white cardstock; Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter and White Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz to that I would have various whites in my card.

To decorate my card I have used the new Becky Seddon Reindeer die set which was released earlier this month by Elizabeth Craft Designs. I also found a 6 x 6 embossing folder of tree trunks which I was able to use for the back panel of my pop up card. I added three of the large tree trunks from the die set to add texture and depth. 

To create the pop up card I used Elizabeth Craft Designs new General Pop Ups die set which has a number of basic pop up dies in different widths & lengths. For this card I added two.

The sentiment on the base uses the A Way with Words - Let it Snow die set die cut from Shimmer Sheetz and layered onto the small oval from the Entwined Circles die set. I also added Transparent/Silver Glitter Dots Peel off Stickers to the snowflakes for extra sparkle.


Here is another view of my card taken at a different angle so you can see the pop up part of the card a little better. 


I kept the front of my card fairly simple seeing the focus of this card will be on the inside. I added the embossed background again, along with the glittered snowbanks. For the sentiment I used A Way with Words - 4 Seasons for the "Winter" sentiment which was die cut using Shimmer Sheetz. I added the "Wishes" which is from the Best Wishes sentiment die. 



Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:


Vicky Gould
Kelly McKown-Santi



Supplies:

Elizabeth Craft Designs:


Other:
Woodgrain Embossing Folder - We R Memory Keepers
Foam Tape



5 comments:

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Frances, your card is just gorgeous!! Beautiful in Winter White!!

Lois said...

Such a pretty card, Frances!

Karen Aicken said...

White on white is always perfect for the holidays. Love all the different whites in here - this is lovely.

Liz Williams said...

Wintery white, and a lovely delight!!! Wow!! Amazing as always.

Vicky Gould said...

What a beautiful card! Love every die cut and fold used!