Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Oh Christmas Tree


Hi Crafty Friends,

A brand new month ... brings us closer to Christmas, so I have another Christmas card to share with you all today. 

For my card today I have used Becky Seddon's Christmas Tree die set, along with Krista Schneider's Reindeer & Birds Clear Stamp set with coordinating dies to accent the tree. The tree is a tiered die set allowing you to add as many tiers as you want to make bigger or smaller trees. I used all five tiers on my card. You also have a solid die and an overlay you can use if you wish. I layered the two together using Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the solid layer and then added Light Gold Silk Microfine Glitter to the areas which can be seen through the overlay.

I added a couple of presents and the birds adding the lights to the tree to add a little more fun to the card.


I have been wanting to play with my Chibitronics lights again for a while, I even ordered some more lights and batteries so I had plenty to play with and have had this idea in my 
head for a while which I wanted to get done into a card .... I finally got around to it. 


When you press the pot the tree is sitting in, the star at the top of the tree lights up! The photo above was taken when it was darker, so you can see the lights a little better.


For the inside of my card, I added some more of the patterned paper I used on the front of the card which is one of the new ModaScrap papers and added a sentiment and a stamped Christmas tree.


Supplies:

Elizabeth Craft Designs:


Other:

Stamps: Reindeer & Birds - Elizabeth Craft Designs; Interactively Yours - Heffy Doodle
Paper: White; Green; Brown; Tan; Yellow; Vellum; ModaScrap White Christmas 12 x 12 Paper Pack - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Dies: Becky Seddon Christmas Tree; Stitched Squares - Elizabeth Craft Designs
Other ECD Products: Light Gold Silk Microfine Glitter; Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape 101mm
Other: Black Ink; Chibitronics Chibi Lights; Glossy Accents; Nuvo Bright Gold Crystal Drops; Foam Tape; Copics










2 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Such a cute card - love that it lights up! That tree is amazing.

jojot said...

very cool tree and wow...it has lighting