Friday, January 19, 2018

It's Good Coffee





Hi Crafty Friends,

If you haven't heard the new already, Karen Burniston has 18 new dies being released on the 1st February. All of the new dies are up on the website ready for pre orders, you can find them here

Today I am excited to share a few of the new dies from Karen Burniston's 2018 Pop-up Collection.



This card uses the new Coffee Cup Pop-up die set which comes with a gift card holder at the back of the coffee cup. This is such a fun die set.


It's always hard to decide which dies to use first when you get a bunch of dies at the same time, but as I had received a coffee themed paper pad for Christmas I decided to use this die set first.

As always when Karen designs a die set she thinks of everything we might need, napkin, stirrer, coffee beans etc. 



I used the coffee cup charm from the new Coffee Charms die set to decorate the front of my large pop-up coffee cup.

Along each edge I added a stripe of white cardstock, used one of the trims from the Cake Trims die set to edge both sides of the cardstock and then added a row of coffee beans.



For the sentiment I used the Word Set 5 - Royalty die set to cut the It's Good part. This set comes with some sentiments and a fishtail banner. I placed my cutting plate up to the "d" in the word good, so that it wouldn't cut the whole sentiment. Then I carefully removed the sentiment without moving the fishtail banner and continued die cutting.

I stamped the "coffee" word onto the banner and added the die cut coffee bean.



Here is an overhead view of my card so you can see the whole card at once.


Here you can see how the gift card keeps in place, depending on how wide your card is you can have more or less of the gift card sticking out the right hand side.



And finally the front of the card. I used the new Happy Birthday sentiment die using the large label from the Katherine Label Pop-up to layer the sentiment. I also added a few coffee beans and two more small coffee cups from the Coffee Charms die set.

Links below to all the new products and the supplies I used for this card.


Supplies:
Karen Burniston:



Other:
Stamps - Honey Bee Stamps Perfect Blend Clear Stamp set
Paper: White; Pink; Brown; Crazy for Coffee Paper Pad - Your Next Stamp
Brown Ink
Foam Tape


2 comments:

jojot said...

wow...love this coffee card

Karen Aicken said...

Love this - you rocked that new die!!