Friday, March 16, 2018

Hugs


Hi Crafty Friends,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Our challenge hostess for the month, Vicky Gould continues to issue the challenges.

St. Patrick’s Day is this Saturday…. make a card featuring green – it can be a St. Patrick’s card, but you can also choose to just use the color green (not all of us are Irish, but we do need cards of various types!)


I used the Concord & 9th Stuck on You Clear Stamp set to stamp the cactus image and after coloring the image and die cutting with the Stitched Mod Rectangle die, I die cut the "Hugs" sentiment from the lower portion of the cactus. Not sure I would want to really hug a cactus ... but I figured it was a fun sentiment to use.

I used one of the smaller cactus images from the stamp set to create the background of my card.


As you can see I have used the Camouflaging Die Cuts or Eclipse Technique on my card again this week. I had originally made this for last week's challenge ... as another one I was making was giving me trouble. But I kept seeing green when I was making this card and I finally got the other to work as I wanted it, so kept this card for this week's challenge. I have a couple of 'green' cards to make this week so it made sense to use this one for one of them.


For the inside of my card, I used another stamp from the stamp set on the background and then used the Katherine Label Pop-up Card die set to create a double pop-up card.


Here is a close up look at the left hand side of the inside of my card. I added the "Stuck on You" sentiment from the stamp set and a small cactus.




For the right hand side of my card I added the larger cactus to the label from the Katherine Label Pop-up Card die set and then a smaller one to the lower right hand corner of the card.

Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:




Stamps: Stuck on You - Concord & 9th
Paper: White; Black; Green
Dies: Katherine Label Pop-up - Karen Burniston; Stitched Mod Rectangles Stax; Mod Rectangles Stax - MFT Stamps; Trio Window Cover - Mama Elephant
Other: Black Ink; Gina K Designs Jelly Bean Green Ink Cube; Foam Tape; Copics


4 comments:

jojot said...

this cactuus card was perfect for today's challenge....green galore....also love the 'hidden' hugs

Lois said...

Careful with those cactus hugs! Love your eclipse card.

Liz Williams said...

Super cute!!

Karen Aicken said...

Love love love this card!