Friday, May 4, 2018

May the 4th Be With You


Hi Crafty Friends,

Today is May the 4th ... which means it is Star Wars Day and also International Space Day .... May the 4th Be With You! To celebrate the day I decided to create a space themed card using Lawn Fawn's Beam Me Up Clear Stamp set.

I created a Centre Step Card using the Cheery Lynn Designs Centre Step die, you can also create this style of card by following a tutorial I made over 6 years ago which you will find on YouTube here.


To create the background of this card I used Distress Oxide  inks and the Galaxy Sky Technique. I then splattered some watered down Copic Opaque White over the background to resemble stars.

The cratered planet on the base of the card is a stamp from an old There She Goes stamp set, which seems to be my go to when I am making space cards. I also added a few planets from this stamp set and an MFT Stamps stamp set.


For the inside of my card, I added a sentiment using stamps from the Lawn Fawn Beam Me Up Clear Stamp set and surrounded this with a few more aliens from the stamp set.

Supplies:





Stamps: Space Explorer - MFT Stamps; Out of This World - There She Goes
Dies: Centre Step Card - Cheery Lynn Designs
Other: Copic Opaque White; Foam Tape; Copics

2 comments:

jojot said...

OMGosh...thisi is an out of the world fabulous card...astonishing in detail

Karen Aicken said...

So fun - like an Alien party!!